There’s nothing like an award to pep up your blogging steps. For this, I have to thank Roxy who blogs at https://roxannestarr.wordpress.com/. She writes up book reviews and tips on DIY stuff. I had great fun answering her questions. Anything that invites introspection is a wonderful thing, is it not?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
My answers to Roxy’s questions:
1. What made you start your blog?
I am a day dreamer. When you are one, you tend to be scatty and forgetful. And when you are a deadly combination of those three, you need to have a space to jot down your memories before they fly away. As a result, I started the travelling diary as a way of not forgetting those very moments that have brought me great joy in life.
2. Dogs or cats?
I am a dog person. I cannot wait for the day we have two big dogs. At the back of my mind is the ever-present factor that I miss Tuktuk, my husband’s labrador, intensely. He was the best being to have happened to me other than his master. He lived a good 13 years and then passed on surely to a heaven that is meant for happy doggies. I do remember that awful breath of his on mornings when he breathed on my face. I never thought I would say this, but I do miss even his heavy, bad breath.
3. Where do you live and where would you like to live?
I live in Northampton, a town in the British midlands that is known for its heritage in shoemaking. I would ideally like to live in a cottage by the sea in Cornwall.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Waffles, churros, cakes and chocolate.
5. I’m baking a cake, what would you like?
Victoria Sponge, please.
6. What’s the best experience of your life so far?
Hiking to Pulpit Rock in Norway.
7. If you got the chance to talk to a famous dead person who would it be?
8. What’s your biggest fear?
Losing my beloved.
9. How did you come up with your blog name?
It is derived from my goofy personality. I have bag loads of stories which will make you shake your head as my husband does so very often.
10. What famous mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?
When we die, what happens after?
11. If you had to change your name to anything, what would you pick?
I have a multi-syllabic name. By the time anyone pronounces it, I grow a few grey hairs. I do not know what I would change it to but I do go by the pseudonym of Zara in Starbucks.
1. Why do you blog and what is the crux of your blog?
2. What is your idea of the ‘perfect’ life? Are you living it?
3. What would your alter ego be?
4. What is your pick-me-up for those times when feel grumpy?
5. Who is the one person in your life who keeps you grounded?
6. Who is your favourite travel partner and why?
7. Five books/films you derive inspiration from.
8. Do you have a fitness regime? If yes, how do you keep fit?
9. Which is the most difficult situation you have been caught in? How did you handle it?
10. The most adventurous activity you have indulged in.
11. What is the most crucial lesson you have learnt so far in life?
- Fumbling Through Italy
- The World According to Dina
- Finding Fika
- Diane Frisch
- Ellen Burne
- Barbara and Elena
- Rachel Lishman
- Grace Hickson
- The Wayfarer